- Agency: Department of Commerce and Investment
- Reference: R0512019
- Posted: 01-Mar-2019
- Closing Date: 29-Mar-2019
- Salary: CI$84,876 - CI$114,156
- Job Description
The Deputy Director will assist the Director in the guiding, managing and directing the operations of the various sections of the department; to ensure its financial performance, output delivery and staff management meet or exceeds agreed standards. He/she will also assist leading and managing the Department toward fulfilling its mission, goals and objectives.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Attending Board meetings as designate to the Director, to maintain a strategic overview and ensure that policy and practice are being properly conducted and ensure that the requisite objectives are met.
- Overseeing planning and inspections of DNFBPs and NPOs that fall under the remit of the department, in accordance with the relevant procedures.
- Support the Heads of Business Licensing and Compliance and Enforcement in undertaking high risk, high profile or complex cases investigated by the Unit.
- Providing advice, information and training to staff of the Department, as appropriate, to ensure that relevant laws and policies are adhered to and implemented in a coherent manner.
- Providing assistance in budgetary planning and human resource management for the Department; including monitoring staff performance and conducting appraisal interviews.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Must hold a B.A., or a B.Sc. in a business related discipline;
- MBA or post graduate degree in a business related discipline is desired.
- Formal education or training in the areas of project assessment, formulation and analysis, as well as in understanding small business development, is an advantage.
- Formal training in a Fraud related discipline is desired e.g. ACAMS, CFE, CIA, CPA, ACCA etc.
- At least five years’ experience in a senior management position; with strong business orientation such as in finance, marketing, management etc.
- A good understanding of AML practice.
- An in-depth knowledge of the Cayman Islands, strategic priority sectors (tourism, finance, e-business and Sister Islands); economic information; educational and manpower and other social indicators.
- Working knowledge of the Public Management & Finance Law, Financial Regulations and the Personnel Management Law.
- Working knowledge of the Trade and Business Licensing Law, the Local Control Companies Law, the Special Economic Zone Authority Law, Tobacco Law, Film Exhibition Control Law, Second Hand Dealers Law and the Liquor Licensing Law is advantageous.
- Familiarity with legislation and regulation affecting commercial activity in the Cayman Islands .
Please submit your application form and resume via email to: CPIrecruitment@gov.ky or mail to:
Chief HR Officer,
Ministry of Commerce, Planning & Infrastructure,
5h floor Government Administration Building,
133 Elgin Avenue,
George Town, Grand Cayman KY1-9000
Deadline for applications is: March 29th, 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.